Coffin Bound by Brad Simpson, Aditya Bidikar, Dan Watters, and Dani: a review


The following review is suitable for all readers; however, the book being reviewed is only suitable for adult audiences due to featuring nudity and violence.

Am I just trying to hold onto the spooky season for as long as possible? That’s as maybe, but I have had my eye on this book on my last couple visits to the library, and I finally decided to pick it up.

            Coffin Bound by Brad Simpson, Aditya Bidikar, Dan Watters, and Dani sees Izzy Tyburn on the run from an unstoppable killer. She’s going through every part of her life to erase herself from the earth. If she’s going to have to leave this planet, then it doesn’t deserve her.

            I mean this as an absolute compliment, some of the imagery in this book is truly repulsive. It’s phenomenal art that I wish I could take my eyes off but there’s just something there keeping me hooked.

            This is a genuinely haunting read at times, but like I said, it’s one you can’t take your eyes off. Throughout all of the grotesqueness making you want to turn yourself away, once you start, you’re right in there.

            I can certainly see myself reading this again. I might need a little recovery time, but it’s too good to just leave behind. If you love a dark and gritty graphic novel, then this is certainly for you. as you might expect by now, this ca be found in Burnley library.

Comments

Popular Posts