Labyrinth Coronation II & III by Simon Spurrier, Ryan Ferrier, Daniel Bayliss, Dan Jackson, Joana Lafuente, and Irene Flores: a review

I’ve been really excited to finish this trilogy ever since I read the first part, and I finally got around to it. I wanted to leave a little time between just so you guys aren’t getting repetitive content. This is also why this review is a double feature.

            These continue on from the first book in telling the story of how Jareth became the Goblin King while the story of the film is sort of happening in the background.


Book II

I was so happy to see the worms’ appearance. I thought at first it was just going to be a quick cameo where it’d be a “oh look who it is” and that’s it. However, one of the worms becomes a regular character and I was really pleased. Their a really fun character, and perhaps even my favourite.

            I was so tripped out by the ending. No spoilers here, don’t worry. I was so quick to take my notes, just so I could get right onto book III to find out what was going on. I had one of those moments where I got so into it, I was physically moving my position. It’s so easy to get wrapped up in these books.

Book III


This final part gave me everything I could want or need. It answered any of the questions I might have had, tied everything up, and the ending was incredibly satisfying. I actually cried a little at the end and loved the way that the ending of this book and the second tie into each other. They’re almost reflective of each other.

I think if I read these books again, I’ll be sure to read them as a series. Just go right from book I to III to get the full story. I recommend this series with every fibre of my being. The art? Stunning. The story? Phenomenal. I love this so much, and would not be at all surprised if it made it into my top 10 at the end of the year. 

 

So, my Bad Reputation Book Club is getting a home! The wonderful Bits Bobs & Books are going to be hosting it, and there will be a new release with them on the first Sunday of every month! Feel free to send over some sweet sweet content for me to review from the wishlist below:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/hz/wishlist/ls/33XX7MWZ3PD7A?ref_=wl_share

 If you have any recommendations for this series, feel free to comment on this post and let me know.

Comments